Mary Ann Hanson
1 lbpork sausage
1 smallonion, chopped
1 cuncooked rice
1 cdiced celery
1 can(s)whole kernel corn, undrained
1 can(s)chicken broth
1/2 csour cream
·salt and pepper to taste
·parmesan cheese, optional
How to Make Skillet Supper
- Brown sausage and onion in skillet. If there is too much grease, skim some out. Add rice and cook for a few minutes until rice looks a little parched.
- Add remaining, ingredients except sour cream, and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover. Cook until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. (About 20 minutes, give or take.) If it seems a little dry, add more broth or a little water.
- When rice is tender remove from heat and stir in sour cream. Adjust seasoning if needed. Cover and let set for a few minutes. Serve.
- If desired sprinkle a little parmesan cheese on top. Very simple and uncomplicated.