Penne Pasta with Ham and Peas.
Serve with salad and rolls for a complete and satisfying meal.
Recipe and photo adapted from Southern Food.
- 12 oz
- penne pasta, about 3 cups, cooked and drained
- 1-1/2 to 2 c
- frozen peas
- 4 Tbsp
- green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp
- finely chopped garlic
- 5 Tbsp
- 3 c
- 2 c
- diced ham
- 2-1/2 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1-1/2 c
- bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp
- melted butter
How to Make Penne Pasta with Ham and Peas.
- 1When cooking pasta, add the frozen peas during the last 2 minutes of cooking time and add 2 minutes to the cooking time.
Drain the peas and pasta together and rinse with hot water.
- 2In a saute pan, melt 4 tbsp. of butter.
Add the green onions, parsley, and garlic; cook, stirring for 1 minute.
Stir in the milk and cook, stirring until thickened.
Add the ham and 2 cups of the shredded cheese and cook, stirring, until cheese is melted and the sauce is hot and bubbly.
- 3Add the drained pasta and peas to the sauce, mixing well and heating through.
- 4Spoon into a greased 3 quart baking dish.
Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the Cheddar cheese.
- 5Combine the bread crumbs and melted butter and toss to blend thoroughly.
Sprinkle over the shredded cheese layer.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, until crumbs are browned and the casserole is hot and bubbly.