2 lbground chuck
2 can(s)4oz ortegas mild green chillis diced
1 smallwhite onion diced
2 stick8 oz sticks of kraft cheddar chesse(shred)
2 stick8 oz sitcks of kraft montery ray jack chesse(shred)
2 can(s)12 oz la victoria green enchillida sauce
1 can(s)11 oz cambells tomato bisque soup
1 can(s)6 oz contadina tomato paste
1 can(s)11 oz cambells healthy request tomato soup
5 Tbspmrs.renfros peach salsa or any peach salsa you like
1 tspblack pepper
1 pkglarge pkg mission corn tortillas shells
2 Tbspcanola oil
How to Make Mommas Enchiladas
- Cook ground chuck salt and pepper together until done in skillet.
- While meat is cooking,in another skillet cook corn tortillas with canola oil ,just until soft, Do Not over cook them you want them to be soft so they are easy to roll up.
- Make sauce by
combining green enchilada sauce,tomato bisque soup,healthy choice tomato soup,tomato paste and peach salsa.Mix well together and set aside.
- Once meat is done, pour into a Large Mixing bowl.
combine meat,diced onion, green chili's,1 stick shredded monterey jack cheese and 1 stick shredded cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup of the sauce and mix together this is your filling.
- You want to put about 4 tablespoons of filling in each tortillas.
- Place each wraped enchilada into a
greased (i use Pam cooking spray)15x13 shinny metal pan.
- Once all enchiladas are in pan, pour the reaming sauce on top of enchiladas,then put the rest of the shredded cheeses on top.
- Bake uncovered in a 400 degree oven until cheese in brown and bubbling.Do not over cook or get to brown it will make your enchiladas tough.
- Note: you can also use Chicken or Shredded Beef or Pork instead of Ground Chuck.You can also use red Enchilada sauce if you do not like the Green.