Mexican Cornbread Dinner
1 clard or shortening, melted
1 can(s)corn, drained
1 mediumonion, chopped
4jalapeno peppers, chopped
2 1/2 dash(es)flour
4 1/2 tspbaking powder
1 1/2 dash(es)grated colby cheese
1 lbground buffalo or ground beef
1 pkgtaco seasoning mix
How to Make Mexican Cornbread Dinner
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 13x9-inch cake pan.
- Cook ground buffalo and onion until buffalo is browned. Drain. Add corn and set aside.
- Mix eggs, milk, and melted lard or shortening.
- Add cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt and taco seasoning mix.
- Mix thoroughly and add meat mixture and grated cheese.
- Pour into the baking pan and bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until springy. Good served with Carrie's Pintos
NOTE: Recipe may be cut in half. Can be frozen.