Hamburger, Sausage, Broccoli Alfredo - Low Carb
Diane Hopson Smith
1 lbground beef
1 lbbulk sausage (breakfast or Italian will work)
1 tsporegano, dried
1 smallonion, chopped
1 clovegarlic, minced
10-12 ozfresh broccoli
1 pkgcream cheese, 8 oz.
1/2 cheavy cream
1/2 cParmesan cheese, grated
8 ozmozzarella cheese, shredded
·salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Hamburger, Sausage, Broccoli Alfredo - Low Carb
- In a large skillet, brown hamburger, sausage, onion, and garlic over a medium heat.
- Season to taste with oregano, salt, and pepper; drain excess fat.
- Meanwhile, steam the broccoli until tender yet still a little crisp; season with salt and pepper.
- Place cream cheese in a microwaveable bowl and microwave on HIGH for about 45 seconds, until soft. Whisk until creamy and smooth.
- Gradually whisk in the cream until smooth; stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- Combine hamburger, broccoli and cream sauce in a large greased casserole dish (2 ½ quart or larger). Taste test and add additional salt, and pepper if desired.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350º for about 35-45 minutes, until bubbly around edges.