- large eggplants
- 16 oz
- mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 c
- italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- beaten eggs
- 3-4 c
- marinara sauce
- olive oil for frying eggplant
How to Make Eggplant Parmigiana
- 1Wash and slice eggplant very thin.
Beat eggs in bowl. Place breadcrumbs on plate.
Dip eggplant slices first in beaten egg and then breadcrumbs and place aside until all is breaded.
- 2In a skillet heat enough olive oil to fry eggplant.
Fry each slice of eggplant until golden brown on both sides. Place fried eggplant aside.
- 3Take casserole dish and coat the bottom with a small amount of marinara sauce. Start layering your casserole as follows:
- 4Eggplant, small amount of sauce, and some of the shredded mozzarella cheese;
continue this layering until you are out of eggplant slices. Top final layer with some sauce and shredded cheese. Bake for 40-45 minutes at 375 degrees.