Easy Cheesy Hamburger Casserole
- 1 lb
- ground chuck (browned and drained)
- 1 jar(s)
- ragu or any spaghetti sauce you prefer
- 16 oz
- extra wide noodles
- 1 8 oz
- pkg cream cheese (softened)
- 1 8 oz
- sour cream
- green onions (chopped fine)
- 1 Tbsp
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 c
- grated cheddar cheese
How to Make Easy Cheesy Hamburger Casserole
- 1Brown hamburger and drain. Add spaghetti sauce. You can add any spices you like here, onions, garlic, etc. Cook noodles and drain.
- 2Mix softened cream cheese in a bowl with the sour cream. Add the sugar, chopped green onions and salt and pepper.
- 3Make 2 layers in a casserole dish (I use a round dish but even a 9 X 13 Pyrex dish is fine too.) Starting with noodles, then half the cheese mixture, then the meat sauce mixture. Repeat for second layer ending with the meat sauce.
- 4Top with grated cheddar cheese (or your favorite cheese)
- 5Bake in oven at 350 until hot and bubbly, approximately 45 minutes.
- 6(The Sugar in the cheese mixture is what gives this casserole its unusual taste so do not omit it!)