Crumb Chicken Casserole
Give it a try and add your own veggies. I just recently started using the sweet potato.
This is anyones recipe....so ENJOY!!!!!!
1 bag(s)seasoned croutons
1/2 stickbutter - melted
1 can(s)cream of mushroom soup - don't dilute
1 1/2 cchicken broth
1/2 cchopped onion
1/2 cchopped celery
1/4 clow fat mayonnaise
1 smallsweet potato - diced
4 cdiced cooked chicken
How to Make Crumb Chicken Casserole
- Boil your chicken. You can use all boneless chicken breasts, but I like to use my own broth for this, so I use a combination of bone-in, skin on thighs and breasts. I add a little salt maybe 1/2 tsp and pepper to the water for added flavor. When done, take meat off bone and chop into pieces. Strain the broth and set all aside.
- While the chicken is cooking, put the croutons in a bowl and pour melted butter over top. Mix until croutons are coated.
Take half the croutons and spread out in bottom of baking dish. 9 x 9 baking dish makes a thicker casserole. Today I made it in a 9 x 13.
- Mix the soup, broth from cooking the chicken and mayonnaise together. Add in the onion, celery, sweet potato and chicken. Mix well.
At this point I add some seasoning. First I taste for saltiness and add if needed. Pepper, rosemary and thyme are my favorites with this dish.
- Pour mixture over the croutons in the baking dish.
Take the remaining half of croutons and sprinkle over the top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 - 50 minutes until it's bubbly all through. Last 5 minutes, I uncover to toast up the croutons.