Crock Pot Swiss Steak
3-4 lbbeef roast
1/2 cflour, seasoned with salt,pepper
1/4 cvegetable oil
2 can(s)tomato soup
1/2-1orange bell pepper,diced fine
1 tspchopped garlic
1 tspliquid smoke flavoring
1 mediumsweet onion, sliced thin
5-6red potatoes, peeled and quartered
How to Make Crock Pot Swiss Steak
- Mix soup, garlic, chopped peppers, water, liquid smoke together in med. size bowl and set aside.
- Cut beef into serving sizes, cut all gristle and tendons out of the meat.
- Dredge beef steaks in flour and fry in vegetable oil till golden brown. Set aside.
- Slice onion thin.
- I used a crock pot liner for this, sure saves a lot of cleanup later. Pour some sauce in bottom of pot, follow with some steak, add onions on top of steak, then a generous covering of the soup mixture. Continue layering till ingredients are gone.
- Cook on high for 5 hours, then add the quartered potatoes and turn on low for another 2 1/2 hours. Push the potatoes down so they are all covered, you may have to add a little water if sauce becomes too thick. Hope you enjoy this as much as I do.
- The sauce makes a wonderful gravy over the potatoes.