Crock Pot Swiss Steak
- 3-4 lb
- beef roast
- 1/2 c
- flour, seasoned with salt,pepper
- 1/4 c
- vegetable oil
- 2 can(s)
- tomato soup
- 1 can(s)
- orange bell pepper,diced fine
- 1 tsp
- chopped garlic
- 1 tsp
- liquid smoke flavoring
- 1 medium
- sweet onion, sliced thin
- red potatoes, peeled and quartered
How to Make Crock Pot Swiss Steak
- 1Mix soup, garlic, chopped peppers, water, liquid smoke together in med. size bowl and set aside.
- 2Cut beef into serving sizes, cut all gristle and tendons out of the meat.
- 3Dredge beef steaks in flour and fry in vegetable oil till golden brown. Set aside.
- 4Slice onion thin.
- 5I used a crock pot liner for this, sure saves a lot of cleanup later. Pour some sauce in bottom of pot, follow with some steak, add onions on top of steak, then a generous covering of the soup mixture. Continue layering till ingredients are gone.
- 6Cook on high for 5 hours, then add the quartered potatoes and turn on low for another 2 1/2 hours. Push the potatoes down so they are all covered, you may have to add a little water if sauce becomes too thick. Hope you enjoy this as much as I do.
- 7The sauce makes a wonderful gravy over the potatoes.