Crockpot Beef Tator Tot Casserole
If preferred can use dry minced onion or fresh onion in place of onion powder. I have found that too much of the onion overwhelms the taste of this wonderful flavored dish. I have also found that the seasoned tater tots gives a lot better flavor than plain tater tots or shredded potatoes.
- 1-2 lb
- beef round steak
- 1/2-1 tsp
- onion powder or to taste
- 1/4-1/2 tsp
- black pepper or to taste
- 1 tsp
- salt or to taste
- 1 pkg
- butter buds
- 2 pkg
- brown gravy mix
- 2 1/2 c
- 1 pkg
- seasoned tator tots
- 1-2 Tbsp
- olive oil for browning (optional)
How to Make Crockpot Beef Tator Tot Casserole
- 1Cut steak in bite size pieces and place in a skillet. Sprinkle steak on both sides with seasonings of onion powder, black pepper, and salt.
- 2Brown in a non stick skillet or add small amount of (olive) oil to skillet before browning. After browning transfer to crock pot sprayed with (olive) oil.
- 3In a bowl mix butter buds, brown gravy mix and water and pour over browned steak in crock pot.
- 4Top mixture in crock pot with package of tater tots and cook on HIGH for 3-4 hrs or LOW for 6-8 hrs.