Cinnamon Lamb Tagine with Apricots
Beef may be used in place of lamb if desired.
- 3 Tbsp
- avocado or olive oil
- onion, cut into quarters
- 1 Tbsp
- ras el hanout spice mix
- aditional cinnamon to taste
- 1 1/2
- boneless young lamb legs, trimmed and cubed
- cloves garlic, chopped
- 14-ounce can diced tomatoes, with juice
- carrots, cut into coins
- medium zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 c
- dried apricots, sliced
- 1 c
- cooked chickpeas, drained
- 1 Tbsp
How to Make Cinnamon Lamb Tagine with Apricots
- 1In the bottom of a flameproof tagine, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- 2Add spice blend and the extra cinnamon, lamb and garlic, stirring to coat lamb with vegetables and seasonings.
Cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 to 7 minutes or until lamb is browned on all sides.
- 3Add tomatoes with juice, carrots, zucchini and apricots and bring liquids to a boil, stirring frequently.
Cover with tagine lid, reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour.
- 4Stir in chickpeas and honey, replace lid and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until lamb is tender.