- 2-28 oz
- can of your preferred enchilada sauce (mild, medium, or hot)
- 2 c
- left over chicken, shredded
- 2 c
- shredded cheese (your favorite mexican blend, or plain cheddar)
- 2-4 1/4 oz
- cans chopped ripe olives
- 2-4 oz
- cans ortega diced green chiles (or use jalapenos if you like it hot)
- 1 c
- sour cream
- flour tortillas, burritto size
How to Make Chicken Enchiladas
- 1Pour enchilada sauce into a small saucepan and warm. Pour some of the sauce into a 9x13 baking dish to coat the bottom.
- 2Set up your ingredients like an assembly line. Slightly warm each tortilla on a griddle (this makes them more pliable and less likely to tear). Spread a line of chicken on tortilla, sprinkle about a tablespoon of enchilada sauce over chicken. Next sprinkle some cheese, olives, chiles and a dollop of sour cream. Roll like a burrito, tucking in sides to keep all the good stuff inside, place seam side down in prepared baking dish. Repeat until dish is full.
- 3Pour remaining enchilada sauce over all making sure it coats all the exposed tortilla so they won't get tough. Top with any remaining cheese, olives, and chiles. Cover loosely with foil and bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes or till hot and bubbly. Serve with sour cream for garnish.