Cheesy Stuffed Pepper Casserole
Jo Ann Duren
2 ccooked rice
1 lbground chuck
1 Tbspolive oil
2large green peppers, diced
1/2 cfrozen diced onions
20 ozcan diced tomatoes, drained
314 ounce cans tomato sauce
214 ounce cans corn, drained
1/2 tspgarlic powder
1/2 tspkosher salt
1/2 tspfresh ground black pepper
2 ccheddar cheese, shredded
How to Make Cheesy Stuffed Pepper Casserole
- Brown ground beef in a large stock pot, drain, remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat oil in stock pot on medium high heat and add green peppers and onion.
- Saute 5-10 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally.
- To stock pot, add tomatoes, tomato sauce, corn, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice and ground chuck.
- Pour into a 9x13 baking dish.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.