Cheesy Beef-Spinach Noodle casserole
Recipe and photo adapted from Food.com
- 1 pkg
- (8 ounce) wide noodles, cooked
- 1-1/2 lb
- ground beef
- medium onion, chopped
- medium green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- minced garlic
- 2 tsp
- italian seasoning
- 2-1/2 c
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1 c
- canned sliced mushrooms, drained
- salt and pepper
- 4-1/2 c
- spaghetti sauce
- 1 pkg
- (10 ounce) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
- 4 c
- grated monterey jack cheese
- 1-1/2 c
- sour cream
- large egg
- small green onions
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder
How to Make Cheesy Beef-Spinach Noodle casserole
- 1In a large skillet, cook the beef with the onions, garlic, green pepper, Italian seasoning, and mushrooms until the beef is no longer pink, drain fat, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 2Add in 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and spaghetti sauce; mix to combine, then simmer for about 20 minutes over medium-low heat.
- 3In a large bowl, combine the spinach (squeeze out any excess moisture in the spinach with hands) with 2-1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, sour cream. egg, green onion, garlic powder and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese; mix to combine, then in cooked noodles.
- 4Spoon the spinach mixture into a greased 13 X 9 inch baking dish.
Sprinkle with 1 cup of Parmesan cheese.
Top evenly with the ground beef mixture, then sprinkle 1 cup Parmesan cheese over the ground beef mixture.
- 5Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes; remove from oven, then sprinkle 1-1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese on top.
- 6Return to oven and bake for 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.