Boy Scout Sausage Boil
How to Make Boy Scout Sausage Boil
- 1Wash potatoes and cut into 1 inch cubes (I leave the peels on, but you can remove them if you wish.) Add to large pot/Dutch oven.
- 2Slice sausage into bite size pieces and add to pot with potatoes.
- 3Peel and roughly chop onion adding to the pot.
- 4Add green beans WITH liquid to the pot with other ingredients.
- 5Cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally until potatoes and onions are tender, usually about 20 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste and serve in bowls with warm buttered bread or biscuits.
- 6VARIATION: The original recipe that my husband and his father had while camping used corn instead of green beans. His mother doesn't care for corn so she substituted the green beans in their place. It was a hit and we've always made it that way.