1 largeonion (sliced)
1/2 csundried tomatoes (diced)
1 Tbspcider vinegar
1 lbboneless chicken breast (cut up and diced)
1 pkgsmoked sausage (sliced)
·salt & pepper to taste
2 Tbspoil or bacan fat
How to Make Baked Pierogies
- Put about 2 tablespoons of oil (I used bacon fat) in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Put in the cabbage, onion, apple, and sundried tomatoes. Stir and cook until tender. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Put pierogies in skillet (add more oil if needed)and cook until golden brown. About 5 minutes on both sides. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Put chicken and smoked sausage into skillet and cook until golden brown. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients together. Stir in the cider vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Pre-heat oven to 350. Transfer the ingredients from the large bowl to a baking dish and cook in the oven for approximately 45 minutes.