Baked Macaroni and Cheese
This recipe I found in the McCall's Recipe card collection.
My family and I love this. I hope you will to.
- 1 pkg (8 oz.) elbow macaroni ( i use 2-21/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup of butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 cups of milk (whole or 2%)
- 2 cups (8 oz) grated cheddar cheese ( i use the whole pkg of cheese except for 1 cup saved for topping)
- 1 large tomato, thickly sliced
Reduce heat, and simmer mixture for 1 minute or until thickened