☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 lb85% fresh ground chuck
4 1/2 ozprosciutto
4 1/4 ozgenova salami
3 1/4 ozcapacolla (sweet)
3 Tbspbalsamic vinegar
3 Tbspdijon mustard
2 Tbsphot giardiniera
1head romaine lettuce
1bulb roasted garlic
6 sliceprovolone cheese
How to Make Italian Sub-Burger
- Grind all 3 deli meats(you can use a food processor but be careful not to turn the meats into a paste), then mix thoroughly into Ground Chuck.
- Form 8 oz. Patties, roughly 1" thick
- Make Relish- Fine chop 1 tomato, onion, Giardiniera. Mix into bowl with EVOO, Balsamic and Dijon Mustard.
- Make Garlic mayo- Simply add roasted garlic to mayo an stir in.
- Cut Red onion into 1/4" slices, separate rings. Slice remaining tomato thinly to top burger. Clean Romaine for a leaf for each burger.
- Preheat Grill on high.
Place patties on grill. wait 2 minutes, spin for grill marks and continue for 90 seconds. Flip and wait 90 seconds, spin and pay attention here...Place a red onion ring on burger, spoon in "Relish" to fill up ring and place slice of provolone over each ring...wait 90 seconds. (Hood DOWN during each interval)Remove patties and rest 5 minutes.
- Toast buns, spread garlic mayo on each.
Place burger on bottom bun, add 2 slices tomato and lettuce, cover with top bun and enjoy!
CAUTION- SUPER JUICY