Bonzai Burger (From Red Robin Restaurant)
- 1/3 lb
- lean ground beef
- 2 c
- teriyaki sauce (divided into 2 separate bowls)
- 1 large
- pineapple ring
- 1 slice
- cheddar cheese
- hamburger bun with sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp
- low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 slice
- 1/4 c
- shredded lettuce (i prefer romaine)
How to Make Bonzai Burger (From Red Robin Restaurant)
- 1Shape ground beef into a round burger patty. Marinate the burger patty in bowl #1 of teriyaki sauce for 30 minutes.
- 2Marinate pineapple ring in bowl # 2 of teriyaki sauce for 30 minutes.
- 3Preheat grill (or broiler).
- 4Remove burger patty and grill (or broil) on high heat to desired doneness. Melt cheese on top of patty while still on grill pan by covering with lid.
- 5Grill pineapple ring on medium heat for 1 minute on each side (or broil for about 4-5 minutes).
- 6Spread mayo on both halves of the bun.
- 7On bottom bun, place tomato slices, followed by the broiled hamburger patty with cheese (tomato on the bottom!).
- 8On top of burger patty, stack the pineapple ring and shredded lettuce.
- 9Put the two together and you've got a signature Red Robin Bonzai Burger.