1/3 lblean ground beef
2 cteriyaki sauce (divided into 2 separate bowls)
1 largepineapple ring
1 slicecheddar cheese
1hamburger bun with sesame seeds
1 Tbsplow-fat mayonnaise
1/4 cshredded lettuce (i prefer romaine)
How to Make Bonzai Burger
- Shape ground beef into a round burger patty. Marinate the burger patty in bowl #1 of teriyaki sauce for 30 minutes.
- Marinate pineapple ring in bowl # 2 of teriyaki sauce for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill (or broiler).
- Remove burger patty and grill (or broil) on high heat to desired doneness. Melt cheese on top of patty while still on grill pan by covering with lid.
- Grill pineapple ring on medium heat for 1 minute on each side (or broil for about 4-5 minutes).
- Spread mayo on both halves of the bun.
- On bottom bun, place tomato slices, followed by the broiled hamburger patty with cheese (tomato on the bottom!).
- On top of burger patty, stack the pineapple ring and shredded lettuce.
- Put the two together and you've got a signature Red Robin Bonzai Burger.