Black Bean Burgers
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 ozhamburger buns, torn into pieces
2 1/2 Tbspolive oil, divided
2 tspgarlic, chopped
1 can(s)black beans (15 1/4 ounce), rinsed and drained well
1jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
1 tsplime zest
3/4 tspchipotle chili powder
1/2 tspfresh oregano, chopped
1egg, lightly beaten
1egg white, lightly beaten
4hamburger buns, toasted
How to Make Black Bean Burgers
- Place the torn up bun into a food processor; process until it turns into crumbs. You need 1 cup, so adjust quantity accordingly.
- Combine 1 tbsp oil, chopped garlic, and black beans. If you like a smooth black bean burger, put in the food processor until you get a paste. if you like more texture in your burger, mash with a potato masher or fork. I usually puree half the black beans and mash the other half with a fork and mix together.
- Put the bean mixture into a bowl and pour in the cup of breadcrumbs. Stir in the chopped jalapeno pepper, lime zest, chili pepper, oregano, salt, and beaten eggs. With moistened hands, divide the bean mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 3 inch patty.
- Heat 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add patties to the pan; reduce heat to medium, and cook 4 minutes or until the bottom edges are browned. Carefully turn the patties over; cook 3 more minutes or until the bottom edges are done.
- While the patties are cooking, toast your buns (unless you want them soft). Enjoy your black bean burgers with your favorite garnishes!