Zesty Southwestern Style Meatloaf
1 lbground beef, i used 90% lean
1 lbground turkey, i used 93% lean
1 can(s)diced tomatoes with chipotle, 10 ounce
1 1/2 tspground cumin
1 Tbspdark chili powder
1/8 tspcelery seed
2 clovegarlic, minced
·salt and ground pepper to taste
1/2 crolled oats
How to Make Zesty Southwestern Style Meatloaf
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a large loaf shaped baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, gently combine the ground beef and ground turkey. Add the eggs stirring to distribute. Mostly drain the can of diced tomatoes with chipotle and pour over the meat mixture.
- Add the cumin, chili powder, chopped garlic, celery seed and salt/pepper as desired. Gently combine before adding the oats and ketchup before mixing all together. Do this gently and do not over mix, work together with your hand just until combined.
- Mixture should be very juicy, but solid enough to pick up in your hands and toss about to form a "roll" to place in the prepared pan. Bake uncovered for about 45 minutes or until cooked through and brown on top.
- I personally do not care for it, but you could easily add regular ketchup, or spiced-up ketchup and spread on top during the last half of baking. Allow to sit in the pan for about 10 minutes before removing to a serving plate. Cut in thick slices and enjoy.