Zesty Italian Cresent Caserole
- 1 lb
- lean ground beef
- 1/4 c
- chopped onion
- 1 c
- tomato pasta sauce
- 6 oz
- shredded mozzarella or monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 c
- sour cream
- 1 can(s)
- refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- !/3 c
- parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp
- butter or margarine, melted
How to Make Zesty Italian Cresent Caserole
- 1Heat oven to 375F. In large skillet, cook ground beef and onion over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until beef is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain. Stir in pasta sauce; cook until thoroughly heated.
- 2Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine mozzarella cheese and sour cream; mix well.
Pour hot beef mixture into ungreased 9 1/2 or 10 inch glass deep dish pie pan or 11 x 7 (2 quart) glass baking dish. Spoon cheese mixture over beef mixture.
- 3Unroll dough over cheese mixture. (If using pie pan, separate dough into 8 triangles; arrange points toward center over cheese mixture, crimping outside edges if necessary.) In small bowl, mix parmesan cheese and butter. Spread evenly over dough.
Bake at 375 for 18-25 minutes or until deep golden brown.