Veal Medallions with Shrimp and Lump Crab Meat
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
12 (2) ozloin or tenderloin veal medallions
2 mediumshallots, chopped
·chablis (for deglazing)
1 1/2 dash(es)heavy cream
12 largeshrimp, peeled and deveined
8 ozfresh lump crab meat
Tbspfresh parsley, finely chopped
How to Make Veal Medallions with Shrimp and Lump Crab Meat
- Season medallions with flour, salt and pepper.
Melt 1 stick of butter in a large heavy skillet, sauté the veal medallions for about 2 minutes, add shallot and sauté, for one more minute or until shallot pieces are transparent and glossy looking.
- Deglaze the pan with Chablis, remove the veal from the skillet and place the medallions on a serving platter, set aside. Pour 1 cup of heavy cream in the skillet and reduce.
- In a separate skillet, melt the remaining butter and sauté the shrimp and crab meat. Top the medallions with the shrimp and crab meat, set aside and keep warm.
- take the cream and shallot reduction and combine with the juice from the shrimp and crab meat plus the remaining cream. Season to taste with salt and white pepper and chopped parsley.
- Let simmer for a few minutes to blend the veal and seafood tastes. Pour over the veal, shrimp and crab meat. Serve at once.
- Accompany with fettuccine and asparagus spears.