Val's Mahvelous Meatloaf
How to Make Val's Mahvelous Meatloaf
- 1On cutting board, chop up onion and green pepper into small pieces(1/8 inch). In a medium-sized bowl, scramble egg. Add pepper, tomatoes and raw vegetables. For a large loaf pan, add entire lb of meat. For a throw-away loaf tin, add .90 lb of meat to allow for expansion and liquid. Stir well with large spoon.
- 2Open can of tomato paste and add half of can to meat mix and stir in. For less tomato flavor, do not add tomato paste. For a more solid meatloaf, add 1/8 cup more of bread crumbs.
- 3Put meat mixture into loaf pan. Spread evenly with spoon. Using teaspoon, spread remaining tomato paste over top of mixture for a tomato glaze.
- 4Place loaf pan on cookie sheet and bake at 325 degrees for 35 minutes. Check to see if meat is thoroughly cooked by sticking a fork in the middle of loaf, separating loaf slightly, with no pink noted. Put back in oven for 5-10 minutes if needed.
- 5After you have taken loaf out of oven for the last time, put an empty tin can in middle of stovetop. Using two oven-mitted hands, tilt loaf pan with one corner just over the tin can. Drain off excess grease into tin can to be discarded. Let loaf cool for about 3 minutes before slicing.