Tijuana Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich
- mushroom, diced
- 1 Tbsp
- plus 1/2 teaspoon butter, softened
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 oz
- beef, sliced thin or shredded (leftover from a roast steak, etc.) you can even use deli roast beef
- 1/4 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 c
- monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 10-inch ("burrito" size), flour tortilla
- 1 Tbsp
- (heaping) tomato, diced
- 1 tsp
- red onion, diced
- 1/4 tsp
- fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 slice
- bacon, cooked
- assorted garnishes: shredded lettuce, sour cream, salsa, guacamole, and jalapenos
How to Make Tijuana Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich
- 1Sauté the mushroom in a small pan with 1/2 teaspoon butter until just browned and salt and pepper to taste.
- 2Slice or shred your beef into bite size pieces and grill/heat in a pan over medium heat until just heated through and lightly browned. Add a dash of salt and pepper and drain off any fat.
- 3Build your sandwich: First sprinkle both cheeses into the center of the tortilla; keeping in mind that you will be folding the sides in like a burrito. So leave so room on the sides.
- 4Sprinkle, the mushroom, onion, tomato, and cilantro over the cheese. Crumble the bacon and sprinkle this over the cheese as well.
- 5Sprinkle the cooked beef over the other ingredients. This is when I add any additional items I would like such as hot sauce and usually jalapeños.
- 6Fold the sides of the tortilla in, then spread the tablespoon of butter over the top and bottom of the "sandwich" and grill it in a hot pan over medium heat for about 2 minutes per side, or until the tortilla is nice and golden in color and the cheeses are melted.
- 7Slice the "sandwich" in half diagonally and serve while hot with assorted garnished along side.
- 8Muy bien!!