- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 1 can(s)
- refried beans (16oz)
- 1 pkg
- taco seasoning ( your favorite brand)
- 1/4 c
- 1 jar(s)
- salsa ( size of your choice) i used a larger jar ( mild)
- 2-3 c
- colby jack cheese ( shredded)
- green onions (chopped)
- 2 medium
- tomatoes ( diced or chopped)
- 8" tortillas (approximately)
- 1 can(s)
- small sliced black olives (optional)
BROWN GROUND BEEF IN SKILLET & DRAIN.
How to Make TACO pie By Freda
- 1Step #1: Brown Ground beef, Drain.
Add Taco Seasoning & water. Combine well, and remove from heat. Set aside
- 2Preheat Refried beans to Stirring Consistency.
Remove from heat. Set aside
in iron Skillet or Casserole Dish, Layer as follows:
1st layer of tortillas on bottom,
2nd layer spread big spoonful's of salsa over tortillas
3rd layer Spread some refried beans, over the salsa
4th layer spread some of the meat.
5th layer Top with cheese
- 36th Repeat layers above.
Ending with tortillas on top.
Save some of the Cheese for the top.
- 4Cover this dish with Foil, Bake @ 350 for 20 minutes.
Remove from oven, and top with remaining cheese.
Return back to the oven, UNCOVERED for an additional 6-7 minutes to melt the cheese and the Tortillas edges are crispy.
Remove from oven, Add green onions to top along with the Diced tomatoes, add Black olives (is optional)
Slice as a Pie or to your liking. . . Enjoy