Taco Bell Mexican Pizza
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 lbground beef
1/8 tspblack pepper
1/4 tspdried minced onion
1/4 tspsmoked paprika
1 1/2 tspchili powder
8(6-inch) flour tortillas
1 clard or crisco vegetable shortening
1(16 oz) can refried beans
2/3 cpace salsa, mild
1 ccheddar cheese, shredded
1 cpepper jack cheese, shredded
1/4 cdiced tomato
1/4 cchopped green onions
1/4 csliced black olives
How to Make Taco Bell Mexican Pizza
- In a large skillet, brown the beef over medium heat.
- Once cooked, drain the excess fat from the pan.
- Add salt, onions, paprika, black pepper, chili powder and water, then let the mixture simmer over medium heat for 8-10 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Heat the Crisco shortening in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. If the oil is smoking, it is too hot.
- Fry each tortilla for about 45 seconds per side, or until golden brown and let drain on paper towels.
- Heat up the refried beans in a small saucepan. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- To assemble the pizza:
Spread about 1/3 cup refried beans on face of one tortilla.
- Next spread 1/4 of meat, then another tortilla.
- Coat the tortillas with two tablespoons of salsa, then split up the tomatoes and stack them on top.
- Next divide up the cheese, onions and olives, stacking in that order.
- Place pizzas on a sheet pan and in the oven for about 8 minutes or until cheese on top is melted.