Taco Bell Bell Burger & Mild Border Sauce
This is not the "Bell Beefer", which came a few years later from the mid-1970's through the mid -1990's.
The regular "Bell Beefer" had seasoned loose meat, sauce, onions and lettuce on a bun.
1 lbground beef, uncooked
1/4 call-purpose flour
1 Tbspmild chili powder
1/2 tspdried minced onion flakes
1/4 tsponion powder
1 dash(es)garlic powder
1/2 ccold water
TACO BELL MILD BORDER SAUCE
1 1/2 ccold water
1/2(6-oz) can tomato paste
1 1/2 Tbspdistilled white vinegar
2 tspchili powder
1/2 tspcayenne pepper
EXTRA ITEMS YOU WILL NEED
6hamburger buns (steamed slightly to soften and warm them)
3/4 cshredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Taco Bell Bell Burger & Mild Border Sauce
- BEEF FILLING:
Combine in a mixing bowl raw ground beef, flour, chili powder, salt, minced onion flakes, paprika, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Mix thoroughly like you would mix a meatloaf.
- In a skillet on the stove top, add 1/2 cup of cold water and the seasoned ground meat mixture. Mix well.
- Cook over medium heat, mash and stir ground meat as it cooks, breaking it up.
- Cook until meat is no longer pink and slightly browned.
- The meat mixture should be loose, without any large pieces. Drain off any grease or liquid.
Steam the burger buns slightly to warm and soften them.
- FOR THE BORDER SAUCE:
Add cold water to a saucepan. Stir in the cornstarch until it is dissolved.
- Stir in the tomato paste, vinegar, chili powder, salt and cayenne pepper.
Stir until well mixed and smooth.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for
5-minutes to thicken.
- Allow sauce to cool then store in a covered container in the refrigerator.
Makes about 1 1/2 cups of Mild Border Sauce.
- TO BUILD THE BELL BURGER:
Spread a tablespoon of Mild Border Sauce on the bottom bun.
- Place several tablespoons of the meat mixture on the bottom bun like making a sloppy joe.
- Add 2 tablespoons of Taco Bell Mild Border Sauce evenly over the meat on bun.
- Sprinkle 1 or 2 Tbsp of shredded mild cheddar cheese over meat mixture on bun. Add the top bun.
- Repeat 5 more times. Serve warm.
- To make a "Bell Beefer" add loose meat, diced onions, shredded lettuce and mild border sauce.
- To make a "Bell Beefer Supreme" add loose meat, diced onions, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, grated cheese and mild border sauce.