Swiss Steak with Pressure Cooker
This makes its own gravy to serve over the meat and with mashed potatoes or rice.
- 2 lb
- beef round steak
- oil-for browning
- 1 can(s)
- mushroom soup
- 1 can(s)
- tomato soup
- 1 1/2 can(s)
How to Make Swiss Steak with Pressure Cooker
- 1Mix flour,salt, pepper & any additional seasonings to your taste.
Dredge meat, cut in portion size pieces, in the flour mixture.
- 2Put enough oil in the bottom pressure cooker and heat. Add floured meat pieces and brown on both sides. Drain if there seems to be an excess amount of oil left after browning, but usually not necessary, and return meat to cooker.
- 3Mix mushroom soup and tomato soup with the water in a bowl. Whisk well to combine and make smooth.
Pour over the meat that is in the cooker.
- 4Put the pressure cooker on and let seal. Cook for 20 minutes while under pressure. Remove from heat and let pressure drop completely before trying to open lid.
- 5The soups should have thickened during the cooking time to make a nice gravy to put over the meat and potatoes - which I cook while the meat is in the pressure cooker.