·1 pound beef round steak, trimmed of fat
·2 tablespoons oil
·1/2 cup onion, chopped
·1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
·1-2 cups mini carrots, chopped
·1 (15 ounce) can petite tomatoes or stewed tomatoes slightly pureed, (2 cups)
·1 tablespoon tomato paste
·½ teaspoon oregano
·1 teaspoon sugar
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Swiss steak
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Heat the oil to medium high in a large skillet, or an electric skillet.
- Salt and pepper the meat on both sides.
- Add meat to the skillet and cook until browned on both sides; approx. 10 minutes.
- Slightly puree the tomatoes in a blender. Mix the tomatoes, tomato paste, and oregano, and sugar together to combine.
- Cover with foil and bake for 2 hours until meat is tender.