- 1 pound beef round steak, trimmed of fat
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1-2 cups mini carrots, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can petite tomatoes or stewed tomatoes slightly pureed, (2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Swiss steak
- 1Preheat oven to 325.
- 2Heat the oil to medium high in a large skillet, or an electric skillet.
- 3Salt and pepper the meat on both sides.
- 4Add meat to the skillet and cook until browned on both sides; approx. 10 minutes.
- 5Slightly puree the tomatoes in a blender. Mix the tomatoes, tomato paste, and oregano, and sugar together to combine.
- 7Cover with foil and bake for 2 hours until meat is tender.