☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1/2 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 can(s)
- pineapple chunks with juice
- 1/3 c
- green pepper (small) chopped
- red pepper (small) chopped
How to Make Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- 1For the meatballs I used 2lbs of meat (ground beef and pork)Mix meat, 1 egg, 1/2 cup oatmeal, garlic powder, finely chopped onion, salt and pepper. Roll into balls. Place on foil wrapped cookie sheet and place in a 350 degree oven to brown approx. 30 mins.
- 2In a saucepan mix brown sugar and cornstarch. Add all other ingredients except for the peppers.
- 3Heat slowly to a boil stirring often. Add peppers.
Simmer 5 mins
- 4When the meatballs are browned and sauce has simmered I transfer to a slow cooker and let it cook on low for 3 hours. The last 10-15 mins I mix 1/4 cup water with 2 tablespoons cornstarch to thicken the sauce.
- 5This doesn't have to be done in a slow cooker, I have also done it on the stove.