I just jazzed it up a little bit. Enjoy!
- 1 bag(s)
- simek's frozen plain meatballs (or whatever brand of frozen or fresh meatballs you use is fine.)
- 1 pt
- sour cream
- 1 pkg
- brown gravy mix (or if you make your own brown gravy, that will work also.)
- 1 c
- 1 large
- yellow onion, halved, then sliced
- containers of mushrooms (canned mushrooms will work, too.)
- cloves garlic, minced
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- parsley flakes
How to Make Swedish Meatballs
- 1Take a large, deep pan and heat the meatballs and water thoroughly on the stove.
- 2In a small pan, take some butter or cooking spray, and sauté the onions and mushrooms. (You don't need to season them since there will be plenty of seasoning in the rest of the dish.)
Cook until mushrooms are cooked through and onions are floppy and translucent.
- 3Make the gravy in another pan according to the directions on the package. (If you already have made your own gravy, you can skip this step.)
- 4Combine the spices, according to taste, (That's why there are no actual measurements) to your gravy. Mix the rest of the ingredients and the sour cream with the gravy and make sure it is well combined.
- 5Combine the gravy and the meatballs, stirring gently to coat. Heat everything together over medium-low heat until simmering. DO NOT BOIL.
Serve over egg noodles, rice or mashed potatoes with a side of peas and you're good to go! :)