Super Easy Slow Cooker Pot Roast
This roast will be so tender and the veggies will be perfect. I can't wait for you to try it. Your house will smell so good!
- 3 lb
- chuck roast.
- 1 bottle
- adobo powder, goya brand
- 2 1/2 tsp
- black pepper
- 1/2 tsp
- rosemary, dried
- 1 1/4 c
- beef stock
- 1 1/4 c
- yukon potatoes
- 4-6 clove
- 4-6 c
- cooked white rice
How to Make Super Easy Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- 1Unpackage and rinse your chuck roast. Set aside to let the excess water drain off.
Next, cross cut each of your unpeeled potatoes into 4 pieces.
Then cut your carrots into 1 1/2-2 inch pieces. No need to scrape or peel them. Is nicer and easier this way. Wash your cut-up veggies and place them spread out along the bottom of a 6 qt. Slow cooker / crock pot.
- 2Go back to your meat and begin to season it by generously and thoroughly applying Goya brand ADOBO dry seasoning powder to all surfaces of the meat.
Next, take your black pepper and sprinkle it on both sides of meat. I just use the regular black pepper in the little can. Its from either McCormick or Stop n Shop. (Even though I wrote 2 1/2 tsps, you can add less or more to you liking. I am generous with mine but i really just eyeball it).
- 3Next, take your garlic cloves and thinly slice them with a knife. Take your sliced garlic cloves (or you could mash the garlic if you'd like) and place them in all the nook and crannies of your meat that you can find and all over on both sides. Some like to poke little holes in the meat and stick some garlic in there too although that's not really necessary for this recipe. You can use as many cloves as you like according to your taste but I like a lot. I used like 4 cloves.
- 4Next, place your seasoned roast in your slow cooker on top of your cut-up veggies. Take your dried rosemary and sprinkle evenly over the top of your roast.
- 5Next, pour in your beef stock and water. Do not pour it on the meat. Pour it in through the sides of the meat.
- 6Cover your slow cooker. Turn it on and set it on high for 4 1/2 hours.
- 7When done, transfer your roast to a serving platter and set the veggies next to the roast on the same platter. Drizzle some of that gravy straight from the crock pot over the roast and veggies. If you do not have a serving platter, you can use whatever you have on hand. Serve your pot roast and veggies along with white rice. And gravy from slow cooker.