Stuffed Portobellos Topped with Bourbon Steak
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/4 csoy sauce, reduced sodium
2 Tbspdark brown sugar
1 lbsirloin steak, 3/4 inch thick
4 largeportobello mushrooms
1/2 largesweet red bell pepper, cut into strips
1/2 largesweet yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
1/2 largesweet onion, sliced (vidalia or texas sweet)
1 Tbspolive oil
1/2 tspsalt, divided
1/2 tspblack pepper, divided
3/4 cmozzarella cheese, shredded
How to Make Stuffed Portobellos Topped with Bourbon Steak
- Combine the soy sauce, bourbon and brown sugar. Pour 1/3 cup into a resealable plastic bag; add steak. Seal and chill 1 hour.
- Remove and discard the stems and gills from the mushrooms. Place in a shallow dish; brush both sides with the remaining marinade; cover and let stand for 1 hour.
- Combine the peppers, onion, oil and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper. Spread on a grilling grid; place on the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Cover and keep warm.
- Sprinkle the steak with the remaining salt and pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side, or until 145° for medium-rare, 160° for medium, or 170° for well done. Remember your steak will continue to cook a bit after removing from the heat.
- Grill the mushrooms, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes, turning once. Spoon the pepper mixture equally into the mushrooms.
- Cut the steak into slices, and arrange over the the bell pepper mixture. Top with the cheese. Grill, covered for 3 minutes or until the cheese is melted.