Stuffed Green Pepper Casserole
I think it can be customized such as serve all meat and vegetable ingredients over the rice instead of mixed with it. Use hashbrowns or diced potatoes in place of the rice or add additional vegetables if you desire. It's so versatile!
- 1 lb
- ground beef (or ground meat of your choice)
- 1/2 pkg
- frozen chopped onions
- 1 pkg
- frozen chopped green peppers
- 2 c
- cooked rice
- 2 can(s)
- tomato sauce
- 1 can(s)
- italian style diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 can(s)
- corn - drained
- 1 Tbsp
- garlic pepper seasoning (to taste)
- 2 c
- shredded cheese (i used colby jack)
How to Make Stuffed Green Pepper Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9 x 13" glass or metal baking dish with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- 2In a large skillet or stockpot, brown ground beef. drain if needed depending on the type of meat you are using.
- 3Add garlic pepper seasoning, onions and green peppers to meat and saute until veggies are just tender.
- 4While meat, peppers and onions are cooking, prepare the 2 1/2 cups rice. I used Microwave and it took about 5 minutes to cook and set for 4 minutes.
- 5When rice is done, add canned ingredients to meat mixture and slowly mix in rice to thoroughly combine ingredients.
- 6Pour mixture into the baking dish and flatten to even. Put in oven on next to bottom rack position and bake for 30 minutes.
- 7After 30 minutes, remove from oven and top with cheese. Return to oven and cook for an additional 5 to 10 minutes until cheese is fully melted, a little longer if you wish to have crustier cheese.
- 8Remove from oven. Let sit for about 5 minutes and serve. My family loved it!