Stovetop Stuffed Peppers
How to Make Stovetop Stuffed Peppers
- Add garlic powder to 1 pound of ground beef and brown in a large skillet (you will need a skillet with a lid)
- Once ground beef is brown, drain and add green onions and 6 oz. of tomato paste. Fill the tomato paste can with water (two times) and add the water to the ground beef mixture. Stir and simmer for 3 minutes then remove from heat.
- Cut 2 green peppers in half (lengthwise - through top stem to base) cut out seeds and stems then clean peppers inside and out.
- Set pepper halves on counter or plate and spoon the ground beef mixture into the empty peppers dividing the mixture between the 4 peppers.
- The bottom of the pan will be coated with the yummy ground beef residue... DON'T wash the skillet! Fill the tomato paste can two times and pour it into the skillet with ground beef drippings. Gently set the filled peppers in the skillet so they don't fall over.
- Place lid on skillet and cook on medium heat for 25 to 30 minutes. My family likes the pepper a bit firm... you may want to cook it longer.
**Be sure to watch the peppers while they are cooking so the water doesn't boil dry.
- Remove from skillet and serve!
EASY CLEAN UP...Only one pan, lid, spoon and knife to wash. :-)