☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
6 mediumbell peppers, any color
1 lb80~85% lean ground beef (or turkey if you prefer)
1 pkgtaco seasoning mix (i prefer old elpaso or orttega)
1 jar(s)16 0z of pace medium chunky salsa or picante sauce
1 pkgknorr or zatarans spanish rice
1 can(s)small can of old elpaso or ortega diced chili peppers (optional)
1 pkg1 1/2 cup of your favorite type of shredded cheese
How to Make Spanish rice stuffed peppers
- Wash peppers under running water, remove stem and slice in half from top to bottom. Remove fibers and seeds,re-rinse under cold water, place on foil lined baking pan and set aside.
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees. In a skillet, prepare ground meat according to directions on taco seasoning packet. In a 4~6 qt caserole dish, prepare the rice mix with the full jar of salsa. Rinse jar with no more than 1/3 jar of water and add to rice along with the optional can of green chilis. Cook as directed on package. Don't add extra water.
- When the rice and ground meat are done, add the taco meat to the rice and mix thoroughly. Using a large serving spoon, fill each pepper half with the rice and meat mixture, slightly mounding the mix.
- Cover peppers with alumnum foil, shiny side down and bake in the preheated oven for 45~50 minutes. Remove foil, cover the pepper well with shredded cheese. (Aprox one heaping tablespoon) and return un covered to hot oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
- Save any left over rice and meat mix as a topping for snack crackers.