- 1 lb
- ground beef, lamb or pork (or combination)
- 1/3 c
- finely minced yellow onion
- 1-2 clove
- garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 2 Tbsp
- almond meal (or grind whole almonds to cornmeal consistency)
- 1/2 c
- finely ground breadcrumbs (any rustic bread, barra de pan, ciabatta, etc.)
- 1/2 tsp
- spanish smoked paprika, or more if desired
- 1/2 tsp
- dried parsley
- ground cinnamon
- 1/4 c
- mayonnaise (olive oil mayo or regular, your choice)
- 3/4 tsp
- orange zest, finely grated
- salt, to taste
- cracked black pepper, to taste
How to Make Spanish Meatballs
- 1Place the meat in a large bowl along with the remaining ingredients. Combine.
- 2Cover bowl and chill the meatball mixture at least 30 minutes. Chilling the meat makes it easier to form into balls.
- 3Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use an oiled small cookie dough scoop and arrange meatballs on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- 4Bake the meatballs about 30 minutes or until browned. Turn the meatballs over and the baking sheet around at the halfway mark for even browning.
Transfer the meatballs to a plate lined with paper towels and drain then arrange on a serving platter.