Southwest Zucchini Boats
Good with crumbled bacon, too.
Nutritional Facts: 2 stuffed zucchini halves (calculated without sour cream) equals 387 calories, 23 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 618 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 30 g protein.
© Taste of Home 2014
- 4 medium
- 1 lb
- ground turkey or beef
- 1/4 c
- dry bread crumbs or brown rice
- 1/4 c
- minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp
- chili powder
- 1/2 tsp
- ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- 1 c
- shredded monterey jack cheese, divided
- sour cream, optional
How to Make Southwest Zucchini Boats
- 1Cut zucchini in half lengthwise; cut a thin slice from the bottom of
each with a sharp knife to allow zucchini to sit flat. Scoop out
pulp, leaving 1/4-in. shells.
- 2Place shells in an ungreased 3-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and
microwave on high for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and set
- 3Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no
longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat; stir in the salsa, bread
crumbs, cilantro, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper and 1/2 cup
cheese. Spoon into zucchini shells.
- 4Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Microwave 3-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and
zucchini are tender. Serve with sour cream if desired.