Slow Cooked Roast with Mushrooms, Onions & Au Jus
2 lbroast** see info below
1/2 mediumsweet onion, sliced
1 tspgranulated garlic
1 tspblack pepper
1 tspMrs. Dash table blend
1 TbspA-1 sauce
1 Tbspextra virgin olive oil
How to Make Slow Cooked Roast with Mushrooms, Onions & Au Jus
- **The leaner the roast you use, the less fat. The nutritional data was based on *roast*, I used a chuck roast.
Serving Size 501 g
Amount Per Serving
Calories 458 Calories from Fat 204
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22.6g35%
Saturated Fat 7.6g38%
Total Carbohydrates 2.9g1%
Dietary Fiber 0.7g3%
Vitamin A 0% • Vitamin C 4%
Calcium 5% • Iron 27%
Nutrition Grade B-
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
- Rub both sides roast with dry spices. Add olive oil to a skillet (I used my elec. skillet), sear roast on both sides.
- Reduce heat to a low simmer and add about 1 c of water, cover with lid.
- You will simmer for about 3 hrs, depending on heat. Turn every 20-30 min adding water as needed to keep liquid in skillet.
- Once roast is tender, allow all water to simmer out. Keep a close eye so not to burn the roast. Simmer without water for about 5 min, then add 2 c of water and A-1 sauce. Add sliced mushrooms and onion. (Simmering without water for that short period of time will brown your roast and produce that dark color in your au jus).
- Simmer for about 10 min. Remove and serve.