Sloppy Joe Pie
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 can corn, drained, 8 oz
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 envelop sloppy joe mix , plus the tomato product listed on the envelope to make sloppy joes
- 1 can refrigerated biscuits
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1/3 cup corn meal
- 1 pkg. cheddar cheese, shredded, 8 oz
How to Make Sloppy Joe Pie
- 1Cook beef with onion in skillet til meat is no longer pink and drain. Stir in tomato sauce and corn, water and seasoning. Cook over medium heat til bubbly. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes
- 2Remove from heat and set aside. Separate biscuits and roll or flatten each into a 3 1/2 inch circle. Dip both sides into cornmeal and put 7 biscuits around sides and 8 on the bottom of an ungreased 9 inch pie plate.
- 3Press biscuits together to form a crust and sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Spoon meat mixture over cheese. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes or til crust is golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.