☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 lbground beef
1 bag(s)frozen vegetables (2 lb bag)
2 jar(s)beef gravy
2 largesweet potatoes or
1 boxinstant potatoes
2 Tbspbrown sugar (optional)
How to Make Shepherd's Pie
- (If using sweet potatoes) Boil sweet potatoes for approximately 40 minutes. While preparing other ingrediants, remove from water and set aside to cool.
- Using a skillet, brown the ground beef and drain well. Return beef to skillet.
- Add the frozen mixed vegetables and both jars of beef gravy.
- Cook and stir until heated through. Preheat oven to 350.
- Pour contents of skillet into 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Peel skin off of cooled sweet potatoes. In a large bowl, mash with 1/2 cup of milk, 1/4 cup butter, salt and or/brown sugar to taste.
- If using the boxed potatoes, follow directions on the box for the largest serving size. You will need 4-6 cups of potatoes. You may also wish to make your own batch of regular white potatoes but for the lower carb count, use the sweet potatoes!
- Spread prepared potatoes over the beef mixture in baking dish. Cover completely and place in oven.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until potatoes have a crisp look to them and bubbly around the edges.
- Serve with fresh fruit or low sugar/natural applesauce sprinkled with cinnamon.