NB I method says stovetop, but you still brown it in the oven after assembling.
Here's my version.
- 1 1/2- 2 lb
- ground beef
- 3/4 c
- onion, chopped coarse
- 4 c
- mixed vegetables
- 1-2 lb
- 1-2 c
- beef broth
- 1 tsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp
- corn starch mixed with cold water
How to Make shepard's pie
- 1Boil potatoes and mash them. Your favorite mash poatoes or store bought(last one, def not my choice)
- 2Brown beef and onions leave in pan set aside
- 3cook your veggis or frozen,canned.......store bought alright. I use corn, carrots, peas make your favorite mix.
- 4dump your cornstarch thickener into the pan with worcestershire sauce and scrap up them drippings
1. Meat mixture
2 top with potatoes
- 6Put into a 300o oven Just till BROWN & GOLDEN, watch top carefully, .dont burn
**the inside will be bubbly so you'll know it's ready