Rice a Roni w/ Sausages
The butter will brown (not burn), the onions will sweeten, the green beans will fry and the sauce will carmalize nicely. DELICIOUS
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 boxbeef rice a roni
1 can(s)green beans
1 stickbutter / margerine
2 lbkeilbasa or polish sausage
How to Make Rice a Roni w/ Sausages
- put stick of butter in large pan or electric skillet and turn to medium heat
- While butter is melting, chop onions and add to skillet
- Drain green beans and add to onions and butter.
- Slice sausages into rounds and layer on top of onions and green beans.
- DO NOT STIR..
Get a good fry going in that pan..you want to brown the butter but not burn it.
Also very important..you are looking to actually FRY the green beans..it changes the whole flavor of them.
- When the vegies are about half way cooked through..
-place a lid on the pan
-turn heat down to medium.
- When the vegies are cooked through and the sausages are about half cooked through..
-remove the lid
-turn the heat back up to medium high
-move the food to the edges of the pan creating a well in the center
-pour the rice from both boxes into the well in the center of the pan.
Stir the rice in the center 2 or 3 times coating the rice grains with oil ..I would say to 'brown' them but they will actually turn white/opaque. Don't burn the rice.
- Stir it all up together
Add the seasoning packets from the rice boxes
Cover with water to just above the rice.
- Bring to a good boil and cook for 3-5 min.
- Turn the heat to low.
Cover with a lid.
- When the rice absorbs the liquid it is ready.