Ragout of Beef
1/2 call purpose flour
1 1/2 tspsalt
2 Tbspbutter or fat
1 Tbspall purpose flour
1 Tbspworcestershire sauce
How to Make Ragout of Beef
- Wipe meat with a cold, damp cloth and cut into small cubes.
- Sprinkle with half the salt and pepper and roll in 1/2 cup flour.
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Add meat and brown it well.
- Stir in 1 Tbsp. flour.
- Add 1 cup boiling water.
- Bring to boiling point, stirring constantly. Add balance of salt and pepper, carrot and onion.
- Cover tightly and let simmer 1 hour.
- Add Worcestershire sauce and serve hot.