Quick Cheddar Chili Con Carne
This recipe is so simple to prepare, yet taste like it has been simmering on the stovetop for hours.
- 1/2 lb
- ground beef or turkey
- 1 Tbsp
- chili powder or taco seasoning
- 2 can(s)
- (15 1/2 ounces each) chili beans in spicy sauce, undrained
- 1 can(s)
- (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 c
- prepared salsa
- 2 c
- (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- sour cream
- chopped cilantro
- chopped onions
How to Make Quick Cheddar Chili Con Carne
- 1Brown meat in a large saucepan and drain. Sprinkle taco seasoning over meat. Stir in chili beans, tomatoes and 1/2 cup salsa.
Cover; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat; continue to simmer 10 minutes.
- 2Stir 1 cup cheese into chili; ladle into bowls and top with remaining 1 cup cheese. Serve with sour cream, cilantro, chopped onion and salsa, if desired.
- 3At this point, chili may be cooled, covered and refrigerated up to 4 days or frozen up to 2 months before serving.