Quick and Easy Hamburger Hash
Diane Hopson Smith
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 1 small
- onion, chopped
- 1 tsp
- chili powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 4 medium
- potatoes, peeled and cubed (can leave unpeeled if desired)
- cooking oil
- salt and pepper
- red pepper flakes, optional
- (10-oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 c
- sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
How to Make Quick and Easy Hamburger Hash
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 2In heavy (oven safe) skillet over meduim heat; brown beef and onions. Season with chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Drain off excess oil or blot out with paper towels.
NOTE: I used a cast iron skillet.
- 3Meanwhile in another skillet over medium/high heat, coat bottom of skillet with oil. Heat oil; add potatoes to hot oil. Season with salt & pepper and red pepper flakes. Fry potatoes until they start browning. They need to be almost done. They will continue cooking in oven. NOTE: If there is excess oil, slide potatoes to the side and blot excess oil up with paper towels.
- 4Add cream of mushroom soup to beef; stir to mix. Add potatoes and 1 cup of cheese, toss to mix. Top with remaining cheese.
- 5Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Should be bubbly around the edges of skillet before you remove from oven.
This time is based on all ingredients being hot before going into the oven.