Better have a lot of bread or rolls for sopping up the gravy...You'll want every drop!
- boneless beef chuck roast (2 lb)
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- black pepper
- 1 bottle
- (8 oz) catalina dressing,divided
- 2 large
- onions, sliced
- 2 lb
- potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb
- carrots, peeled, cut into 1 inch pieces
How to Make Pot Roast
- 1Season both sides of the roast with salt and pepper. Brown meat in large heavy pot or Dutchoven on high heat in 1/4 cup of the dressing, turning to brown both sides.
- 2Add onions and stir to brown
- 3Add remaining dressing, potatoes, carrots and enough water to come 3/4 way up meat (about 1 1/2-2 cups)
Bring to a boil. Cover. Reduce heat to low.
Simmer 2 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- 4Remove meat from pan, slice thinly against the grain.
Serve meat and veggies topped with pan gravy.
- 5If thicker gravy is desired, stir 1/4 cup water into 2-3 tablespoons flour in a small bowl. Remove meat and vegetables and add flour mixture to the liquid in the pan and stir until desired consistency.