Pot Roast With Sour Cream Gravy
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 1/2 lbboneless chuck roast
2 Tbspvegetable oil
1/2 pkgbaby carrots
1 pkgbaby portebello mushrooms
1medium yellow onion, sliced
1/4 call purpose flour
8 ozsour cream
·liquid smoke flavoring
·salt and pepper
·seasoning or rub for browning roast
How to Make Pot Roast With Sour Cream Gravy
- Season the roast with your favorite seasonings. I used Tony's Chacheres, Slap Your Momma, Garlic Powder and salt and Pepper
- In your Dutch oven, add you oil over med-high heat and brown all sides of you roast. (I used bacon grease instead of oil)
- Lay the roast in the pan and add your water, Worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke. The last two just add your desired amount.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 2-2 1/2 hours. I would check the temp at about 2 hours so you don't over cook your roast.
- Lift your roast out and add all your veggies except the onion slices to the broth. Reseat your roast atop the veggies and place the sliced onions over the top of it all.
- Recover and continue to cook until veggies are tender.
- Once veggies are tender, remove the roast and veggies from broth. Set roast aside for slicing. Once sliced place on serving tray with veggies.
- Remove all of the broth and drippings except for a few tablespoons for your gravy. Turn the heat up a little. Slowly sprinkle in the flour while briskly whisking mixture until you get a nice roux. Then slowly mix in the rest of your broth until you get a smooth gravy. Add in sour cream while still whisking. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour gravy over roast and veggies and enjoy!