Pot Roast With Sour Cream Gravy
- 2 1/2 lb
- boneless chuck roast
- 2 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 3/4 c
- fingerling potatoes
- 1/2 pkg
- baby carrots
- 1 pkg
- baby portebello mushrooms
- medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 8 oz
- sour cream
- worcestershire sauce
- liquid smoke flavoring
- salt and pepper
- seasoning or rub for browning roast
How to Make Pot Roast With Sour Cream Gravy
- 1Season the roast with your favorite seasonings. I used Tony's Chacheres, Slap Your Momma, Garlic Powder and salt and Pepper
- 2In your Dutch oven, add you oil over med-high heat and brown all sides of you roast. (I used bacon grease instead of oil)
- 3Lay the roast in the pan and add your water, Worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke. The last two just add your desired amount.
- 4Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 2-2 1/2 hours. I would check the temp at about 2 hours so you don't over cook your roast.
- 5Lift your roast out and add all your veggies except the onion slices to the broth. Reseat your roast atop the veggies and place the sliced onions over the top of it all.
- 6Recover and continue to cook until veggies are tender.
- 7Once veggies are tender, remove the roast and veggies from broth. Set roast aside for slicing. Once sliced place on serving tray with veggies.
- 8Remove all of the broth and drippings except for a few tablespoons for your gravy. Turn the heat up a little. Slowly sprinkle in the flour while briskly whisking mixture until you get a nice roux. Then slowly mix in the rest of your broth until you get a smooth gravy. Add in sour cream while still whisking. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Pour gravy over roast and veggies and enjoy!