Pioneer Woman's Italian Drip Beef
Bunny's Warm Oven Blog
- whole beef chuck roast, 2.5 to 4 pounds
- can beef consomme or beef broth
- 3 Tbsp
- (heaping) italian seasoning
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 c
- jar (16 oz) pepperoncini peppers, with juice
- buttered, toasted deli rolls
How to Make Pioneer Woman's Italian Drip Beef
- 1I didn't have any sandwich rolls but I did have a loaf of Italian bread. I decided to make open faced sandwiches with it. I brushed the Italian bread slices with butter on both sides and toasted them in my frying pan. I sauteed onions in a little olive oil and put them on top of the toasted bread then piled the beef on. I topped the sandwich with slices of mozzarella cheese. The open faced sandwich went under the broiler till the cheese was bubbling hot and slightly browning. The drip was served on the side to dip each tasty bite into. LOVED IT!! I hope you make this an enjoy it as much as we did!!
- 2Combine all ingredients in a heavy pot or dutch oven. Stir lightly to combine seasoning with the liquid.
- 3Cover and bake in a 275 degree oven* for 5 to 6 hours, or until meat is fork-tender and falling apart. **If meat is not yet tender, return to oven for 30 minute intervals till it's tender!**
- 4Remove from oven. With two forks, completely shred all meat, leaving no large chunks behind. Serve immediately, or keep warm over a simmer on the stove.
- 5May make the day before, then store in the refrigerator. Remove the hardened fat from the top before reheating.
- 6Serve on buttered, toasted rolls. Top with cheese and melt under the broiler if desired. Serve with juices from the pot.